ATTENTION YOUTUBERS, BLOGGERS

ATTENTION YOUTUBERS AND BLOGGERS :
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO COPY THE TUTORIALS FROM THIS BLOG AND PRODUCE THEM AS YOUR OWN WHETHER ON PRINT OR ELECTRONIC MEDIA OR SHOW THEM ON YOUR BLOGS OR YOUTUBE CHANNELS.YOU ARE ALLOWED TO SHOW THE FINISHED WORK BUT PLEASE LINK BACK TO THIS BLOG FOR THE TUTORIALS.IF FOUND COPYING, I WILL REPORT YOU TO YOUTUBE AND ADSENSE.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Underwater scene 8


For the last sea creature for this underwater scene embroidery, my choice is a seahorse. For this, I’ve used pearl cotton no:8 thread.


I began at the tip of the tail. Here, I,ve made 2 rows of buttonhole/blanket stitch.


Then, slightly above the stitch, I made a horizontal bar (straight stitch). Work buttonhole knots on this bar, facing downwards. Continue making another bar and fill it with buttonhole knots. The bar in the picture is the third one.


Filled with buttonhole knots.


Here, I’ve almost completed the tail. That is the last bar. For the tip of the tail, I,ve used only one strand for the bars and buttonhole knots. As the tail became wider, I use 2 strands for both. At the end of the buttonhole knots on each bar, enter the fabric at a point a bit further to give the skin a spiked look. The fin was done with buttonhole/blanket stitch and a straight stitch for the mouth.


As you can see here, I’ve filled the stitches with buttonhole knots. For the fin, please refer frilled buttonhole stitch.


The body was divided into 3 parts. The first part has been filled the same way as the tail (2 strands). Work from bottom to top.


The second part has also been filled.


And, this is the final part. This fellow is my favourite.
I,ve come to the end of this underwater scene embroidery. I’ll show you the full pattern in my next post since I’ll have to stitch some more of the tiny fish that I’ve shown in my last post. From time to time, I’ll try to embroider more sea creatures.


To view completed pattern, please click here.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these samples. If I hadn't come to the end of my underwater scenes I would be wanting to use them. You never know you may have inspired me to do another.

    Your work and how you have working out the stitching are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful! Great tutorial and wonderful stitching! blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your very do-able yet adorable seahorse! I can't wait to try my hand at creating my own later today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and an easy tute to follow.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete